My change to no poo-ing...No! It's not what you think!



I'm someone who can't leave their hair alone.  I love trying new things and especially different things with my hair! 
Sometimes, that takes its toll. I've recently had to do somewhat of a chop off after over processing my hair! 

**Someone please tell me to never go dark again! I always end up hating it! Much like bangs are on my no-no list!**



I went to "hair school" for a year and a half.  I loved it! But it wasn't what I wanted to do in my life, so I quit.  But I did find knowledge of how to do hair during my time in which I "attended" my "hair school".  So I've always just done my hair myself! 

Until this last chop off.

I have decided to leave my color in the hands of my very capable hair stylist, Patti, from this point onward! I'm letting my hair grow and it's turning into an ombre' rather than grown out roots! I'm loving it and people keep asking me if I've colored my hair!
I haven't! So that's great!

They say that if someone hasn't complimented your hair in 2 months, it's time for a change! I love that rule! Keep people on their toes! Keep yourself kept up and taken care of.



I have always dealt with scalp issues. 

**I know, gross, but let's be real just for a moment, okay??**

Are you dealing with these issues??

burning
itchiness
dandruff
bumps

Even RIGHT after you shampoo??

**raises hand**

It was OUT of control for me! And I knew that if I went to the doctor I would be put on medication.  Not my first choice!

I used to "No Poo" a few years ago and I benefited from it in these areas that I had suffered from then, so I decided to take the plunge back into No Poo-ing!

All of those symptoms I listed above are gone! No more of that! 

Do you want to know why???

Shampoos are a detergent made up of chemicals and will clog your pores and strip your hair and scalp of good oils that hair needs! It over drys your scalp causing your body to over produce oils causing the build ups and bumps, burning, itching, and dandruff! 



Let me show you what the list of ingredients is in the shampoo I have been using (for which I paid $20 for):

Water/Aqua/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Theobroma Cacao(Cocoa) Extract, Hydrolyzed Soymilk Protein, Soymilk Powder, Cysteine, Panthenol, Glycol Stearate, Fragrance (Parfum), Polyquaternium-10, Methylparaben, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Polyquaternium-44, Soy Amino Acids, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazoline, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Cocodimonium HydroxypropylHydrolyzed Soy Protein, Equisetum Hiemale Leaf/Stem Extract

WOW! That's a lot! I don't even know what most of that crap is! Yes, there are some good ingredients in there since I paid the big bucks and got a "nicer" shampoo!  But for the most part, this was seriously irritating my scalp and making me miserable!

Here's what I use now:

Water
1/4 cup of baking soda

That's it!!

My scalp is THANKING me for this change!! I still use conditioner on my ends so they get the moisture they need since they are chemically processed.  But that's all! 



Changes I've noticed in the make up of my hair since starting this:

-Needing to wash my hair less often
**as you do this, you need to give your scalp some time to even out it's production of oils since it's used to being completely stripped of its oils. Your time between needing to wash your hair will become more as it evens out**

-It keeps the style I give it, even after sleeping on it!

-It moves more!


Tips for No Pooing:

-Brush your hair from scalp to root to distribute the oils your head makes!  This will also help with needing to wash less!

-I use a squirt bottle! I fill it up with my baking soda before I hop in the shower and then during my shower, I fill it up with the warm water and then distribute it all over my scalp! 



I No Poo my daughter's hair now too!! I'm inadvertently headed into a no chemical lifestyle because of how it has been effecting me physically! 

If you have questions, feel free to ask away!! I'm happy to help! 

Comments

Popular Posts